Whose water bottle is this?!?

This is a question uttered at my house....daily.  I find empty, half-empty and full water bottles constantly....
THE ENEMY!!!
No matter how many times I say, "Refill your bottle when you're done."  or "Finish one bottle before you get a new one."  a slew of water bottles end up on the kitchen counters, in the kids rooms, living room, etc.  Well - NO MORE!!
One of the reasons we (yes, I admit I may have done this myself from time to time) grab a new bottle is because we are unsure which one is actually ours.  I tried keeping a sharpie in the kitchen drawer so the kids could mark one when they grabbed it but it only happened about half the time.  So this is my new plan.

I grabbed some scrapbook stickers and cardboard things and cut them into rectangles.  Then spelled out our names on each one.  Poked a hole in the top and hooked on one of these.
Since I only had three of these, I used a key ring for the last one and it worked just as well. 
Before I closed it, I put a rubber band in as well.
Now when the kids grab a water bottle they also have to grab a tag!  :)

Of course in my head this is a GRAND idea and there will be no need to ask, "Whose water bottle is this?"
ever again....

I will let you know how that goes!! :)

1 comment:

  1. GREAT IDEA!!! I love this! This is also a great idea for company as well. Especially for repeat company, that you can make up permanent tags for. They could be stretched around tall glasses, root beer (wink) bottles, etc.

    ReplyDelete