I can't "Bare" to throw them away!!

I use Bare Escentuals make-up.  I have for several years and I love it.  A friend of mine uses it also and recently was cleaning out her make-up drawer and had several empty Bare Escentuals containers that she wanted to throw away.  If you have not seen these containers, they look like this.  They do have several different sizes.  These are the more medium sized.
Cute little things aren't they?  I just couldn't stand to watch her throw them away.  I knew there had to be something I could find to do with them.  So I took them home and soaked them in soapy water, peeled the stickers off the bottom and spray painted the lids.
I apologize for the pictures, they aren't the best but you get the idea.
So they sat around for a couple days until I came up with a few ideas for their use.  I put some Advil in one and threw it in my purse.  I also use one for my vitamins when traveling.  One of my lotion bottles was down to the bottom so I cut it in half and scooped the rest into one and put it in my nightstand.  You could also put safety pins in one.  Or use them for crafty things like sequins, beads or eyelets.  There are probably many more I haven't even thought of!!  Cute little containers for free - I like it! :)



2 comments:

  1. I use the same makeup and love it. I just throw the empty containers away.. but now you've got me thinking that there ARE a lot of uses for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun?! Everything I see now, I'm thinking "Would that fit in one?" I know, I'm a dork! :)

    ReplyDelete