Hutch envy

I've always thought it would be fun to have a hutch but I never had room in my kitchen.  But now I do AND my grandma gave me hers so double blessing!  Now it's very old and dark and I planned on staining it or painting it or something.  However, when I started sanding I realized just how much work it would take, so I took the lazy way out.  I took off the doors, cleaned it and slapped on a little stain and called it good.
However, I really hated how dark it felt and wanted something on the back of the shelves but couldn't figure out what to do.  I thought about sheet metal - expensive!!  Fake sheet metal that they use for back splashes at Home Depot - more expensive!! So I'm wandering around Hobby Lobby wondering what to do when I see this wonderful embossed scrap paper!!
Could it work?!?!  I didn't know but I had to try, so I bought my paper and headed home.  Now I will say this, I have major issues with perfectionism-  like it can take over when I'm doing a project.  So I was very proud of myself that I did this and love it without worrying about a seam possibly showing or it not fitting perfectly.  So here is the turnout:
We can just keep the paper part to ourselves! :)

3 comments:

  1. Ok.. that is genius.. and oh so budget friendly. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a GREAT idea! Good job!!! ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! It always feels good to get the result you want without spending a fortune!!

    ReplyDelete