Colby's bringin' the Thunder!!

For those of you who do not know, Oklahoma City has a pro basketball team called the OKC Thunder.  I've never lived in a city with a pro anything so this has all been very exciting.  This year when they were in the playoffs it was crazy around our house.  My son Colby got really into the team this year and so it was very fitting to decorate his room with the Thunder.  Now this kid is a sports nut so it took me a while to decide if I should do a team or just generic sports theme.  When my brother told me he wanted to live vicariously through Colby's room and therefore wanted to buy him a Kevin Durant fathead, well who am I to say no? :)  The Thunder room was born.  Now that my parents have moved to Kansas City (sniff)  I will be showing them lots of things through my blog.  I've heard rumors my sister reads from time to time too!  (love you sis)  So hope you all like his room!
Here is the scoreboard I painted on one of his walls, although don't look too close I'm definitely not a professional!
Here is the fathead of Kevin Durant, it really is ginormous!  Of course so is he so it makes sense.
I needed something to display all of his sports memorabilia.  After looking long and hard I found this at Home Depot and it worked out perfectly.
The upper section in the Ford Center is called Loud City, which also happens to be very fitting for Colby's room.
Well there you have it!  Colby is ecstatic by the way, he wants to be in his room all the time now.  And mom, I know you would enjoy this, when we brought him in to show him Paul had the Thunder theme song playing on his ipod!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!
    This turned out soo good!! You did great.
    What a creative sister i have ;o)
    Paul told me Colby went nuts when he got home and saw it. Wish I could have seen that! Well, like I said, you're welcome down here in Dallas to help me with my house anytime. I've got two rooms that will be empty here this weeekend that need some serious help...i have ideas...just need your loving touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori-love the new look and your family pic!!!!
    Love ya,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete