School wasn't this fun when I went.....

So for those of you who don't know, I am the crossing guard and library assistant (or librarian jr. as my son calls it) part-time at my kids elementary school.  Now we did alot of fun things when I was in school but it's even more fun now.  Probably because I get to go in the teacher's lounge ;).  Last week was CRT state testing for 3rd-6th graders.  In order to prepare and get the kids pumped up they had a theme called "Rock the Test".  The staff got these great t-shirts and we had a different 'musical era' dress up day all last week.  After the first day it was clear the teachers were having way more fun than the students.  My two friends, who are first grade teachers, and I planned our outfits together every day and had a morning photo shoot.  You can definitely tell we are in school by the word wall in the background, ha!  I know, sounds crazy but it was so much fun!  Here are a few of the pics from our morning meetings:

Monday was Hip-Hop Day

Tuesday was Country Western Day
Wednesday was 60's Day
Yes that's me with the blonde fro.  Even more proof that I am meant to be a brunette!!  Thursday was Disco Day and we tried to be Charlie's Angels but it flopped...none of us could get our hair to feather!  And Friday we all wore our t-shirts.  It was a great week and the kids loved seeing their teachers dressed all crazy.  Who says you can't have fun while learning?

No comments:

Post a Comment