Beating the Winter Blues

Cold weather can make things seem a little....BLAH!  One of my favorite things to do after Christmas (besides buying a new planner) is do a little "winter" decorating.












Using pinecones around the house makes me feel like I live in the mountains of Colorado in a little log cabin.











I also like using some of the things I had out for Christmas as well.  These are a couple of snowmen from my collection that I just couldn't bear to pack away yet!  They make me smile every time I walk in my kitchen.
I'm always trying to come up with ways to use the beautiful Christmas cards I'm sent each year.  Among others, one of the ideas is framing them to enjoy a while longer. This one sets the perfect winter theme.







 

One of the best things about after Christmas sales are the "Christmas" decorations that are 75% off - like this amazing centerpiece I found at Gordman's last year.  I think I paid like $4 for it!

 




My scentsy is one decoration I love having all year round!  With scents like 'Toasted Caramel Sugar' and 'Cinnamon Cider' my house always smells so wonderful when I walk inside.  If you don't have one you should definitely find a distributor!  I still love burning my candles too but these are great for those of us who forget to blow them out sometimes!









Of course I love having a touch of spring somewhere as well, to remind me of God's beauty and warmer days to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment