The Forgotten Anniversary



Dear Mom and Dad,

I realize that being in the hospital, having your first child, was not the greatest way to spend your third wedding anniversary.  I also realize that tea parties, slumber parties, and pizza parties were probably not the greatest way to spend the next 18 anniversaries after that.  I want you to know that I haven't forgotten.  I haven't forgotten the fact that, to this day, on my birthday you ask where we are going to celebrate my day, not yours.  So on this February 2,  I want to honor YOUR special day.

I have never seen a greater example of unconditional love in a relationship than I have in yours.  Your willingness to stick it out through the rough times has shown me what God had in mind when he created marriage.  You laugh together, cry together, worship together, pray together and have allowed each other to grow into the spiritual example that you are for myself, my husband and my children.  I have been more than blessed to have you as my parents and grateful to God for placing me in your care.

So thank you mom and dad.  Thank you for putting up with birthday candles and messy frosting on what should have been your special day.  Thank you for bringing me into this world and never giving up on me.  I love you both with all of my heart and I know God is very proud to call you His children.

Love,
Lori

PS - Is Ted's okay for dinner tonight?  :)

3 comments:

  1. Lori-that is so beautiful!!!!!
    I am sure your parents were thinking to have you on the anniversary was nothing but another gift from God. What a blessing you are to them and to me.
    Happy Birthday my friend.
    Happy Anniversary to Debbie and her wonderful husband.
    Love and Blessings,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO lovely...and so full of love. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to a lovely couple. Lori you really do have wonderful parents! Happy Birthday to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete